For those seeking a more relaxed alternative to Sunday’s folk walk some of our usual suspects will be hosting a acoustic session in The White Horse from 2pm. Come along to sing a song, play a tune, tell a story or just enjoy the entertainment provided by others.
🚜 One of the best things about having a Festival in Mitcheldean is that the countryside is within walking distance — literally! And what better way to enjoy a summer Sunday than to sing along the Gloucestershire Way?
🍳 First, a cooked breakfast is available at the White Horse in Mitcheldean between 10 am and 12 noon @ £6.95 per head — please call / text Andy on 07772 053778 or e-mail email@example.com by SUNDAY 15TH JULY to book your brekkie (veggie option available).
🚶♀️ At 12 we will then set off on a circular tour of around seven miles, visiting several establishments with time for refreshments and a few songs. Each stop has its own theme for music and poetry:
- First Stop will be the Co-op, Mitcheldean to get sandwiches and drinks etc. for lunch under the oak tree or whenever we feel hungry
- Under our usual oak tree with a view towards the Severn — themes are Animals and Rivers
- The Yew Tree, Longhope — Faith and the Forest (a drink stop only this year due to the pressure of other bookings at the pub)
- The Farmer’s Boy, Longhope — Countryside, Farming
- The White Horse, Mitcheldean — Horses, Colours
- The Jolter Press, Mitcheldean — CIDER!
- The Brewery Tap, Mitcheldean — BEER!
🍦 …and the ice creams at the Farmer’s Boy are well worth sampling!
🐕 Dogs are welcome as you can see — if you don’t want the breakfast you can just turn up for 12 at the White Horse, but advance notice of numbers would be helpful (call / text 07772 053778 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) — see you there!